If you have laminated floors, you might have to be extra careful while buying the vacuum cleaners. Limited floors are prone to get scratched and losing their luster if not taken care of in the right way. The two major options for cleaning laminate floors are upright and canister vacuums. Canister vacuums come with a separate cleaning wand and therefore may be helpful in cleaning the narrow crevices and corners. However, you will have to bend down the entire time to drag the canister from one spot to the next. Upright vacuums, on the other hand, can be easily pushed around over the entire floor area and make the cleaning a quicker, easier and hassle free process. The best vacuum for laminate floors should also mandatorily have soft rubber wheels so that they do not damage the floor while it is getting cleaned.
Things to Consider when buying vacuum cleaners for laminate floors
There are quite a number of cleaning methods used by vacuum cleaners. Some are simple suction vacuums while others meant for deeper cleaning have spinning brushes, beater brushes, and heat cleaning technologies. These are designed to drive the dirt from deep inside the carpet so as to achieve a thorough cleaning effect. However, these brushes can be intensely damaging on the laminated. It is best to avoid the vacuum cleaners with brushes or choose the one with settings that allow you to turn off the rolling brushes while you clean the hardwood floors. The best vacuum for laminate floors has soft bristles that do not cause any digging scratching.
Since the best vacuum for laminate floors is entirely dependent on suction for the cleanup, it is best to settle for the one that has very powerful motors and can suck up maximum dirt from the floors. It should be noted that if the suction is not good enough, it could only lead to scattering instead of pulling up the fine dust and debris. Therefore, powerful suction is a must. It is also better if the vacuum cleaner allows heat cleaning where you can simultaneously remove the hardened grime while also drying up the floor in no time.
Filters are a must for not only the best vacuum for laminate floors but for all vacuum cleaners in general. These absorb the very fine dust particles, mites, allergens and pollen and trap them inside the vacuum cleaner, thus preventing them from being recirculated back into the room. Some filters are disposable while others can be put into washing machine. You can choose any one according to your convenience.
Both the corded and cordless hardwood cleaners have their own Pros and Cons. With wired vacuum cleaners, you do not have to worry about the charge, but they do impose a restriction on the reachability of the cleaning device over the entire floor area. Wireless vacuum cleaners, on the other hand, can be used much more freely but need to be charged frequently.
The best vacuum for laminate floors come with additional attachments that allow you to clean narrow nooks and corners, crevices, staircases, curtains and upholsteries. This is possible if they have a separable wand that can be detached and used.
There are mainly two types of vacuum cleaners – the ones that use bags and the others that use dust cups for dirt collections. With bags, you will not be required to handle the mess with your hands. You can simply dispose of the collected dirt after use. However, they may increase the cost of running. Dust cups, on the other hand, can be used and reused. They also do not create much mess. The choice should be made depending on the personal preference of the user.
Help and support
A vacuum cleaner cannot be categorized as the best vacuum for laminate floors unless it has a good customer support. If you any problem while using a machine, nothing comes as handy as a customer support. Along with it, it is also important to consider the warranty period of the vacuum cleaner.
What is specifically important while vacuuming laminated floors?
Laminate floors can add a lot of class and elegance to the interiors. However, it is also equally challenging to maintain them in the right condition. Given below are some tips on how to clean and maintain laminate floors.
- It is not necessary to sweep the laminated floors with a brush. Sweeping does not effectively pick up the fine dust particle and will possibly leave behind streaks. Instead of brushes, it is better to use a dust mop and a vacuum cleaner with strong suction. Using the best vacuum for laminate floors can help as they are exclusively designed for hardwood floors.
- There are a number of laminated floor cleaners available in the market under different brand names. There are actually not really necessary. Simply using soap and water can be equally effective. However, you should make it a point not to use too much soap or it can dull the shine and luster of the flooring.
- Do not use too much water while cleaning the laminated floors. Also, after the cleaning is done, make sure that you dry out the spot thoroughly before moving on to the next section. Dampness can be intensively damaging for hardwood floors.
- Buff the floors from time to time using a cleaning cloth or mop heads. This will keep the floors smooth, shining and polished.
- It is best to take off the shoes while cleaning laminated floors. This will keep you from leaving behind a trail of fine dust particles.
5 Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors
1. BISSELL 1330 Cleanview Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology
- As the name suggests, this vacuum cleaner is designed with a one pass technology. This means that it can pick up as much dirt as possible in just one Passover
- The vacuum uses powerful motors to provide nonstop suction so that no dirt is left behind during the cleaning
- It has a brush design that may be used to free dried dirt and grime if needed. This brush can also come handy while cleaning the carpeted floors, furniture, blinds and upholsteries
- It uses a cyclonic cleaning technology to provide powerful suction during the cleaning process
- It has a lightweight design and can, therefore, be easily carried from one spot to the other or upstairs and downstairs
- The vacuum cleaner has a large capacity dirt tank at the bottom. It can be easily removed, emptied and replaced back in.
- This vacuum cleaner for laminate floors has a multi level filtration that can effectively trap in the minute dust particles and allergens and keep them from getting released back into the room atmosphere
- The cleaner has a 25-foot long power cord that gives enough reachability to clean every nook and corner of the house
- It is very effective in cleaning pet hair
- Does not make much noise
- Very effective in trapping fine dust particles, allergens, and pollen dust
- The tank capacity is quite good
- The dirt tank is very easy to remove
- The machine has amazing suction, thus making it the best vacuum for laminate floors
- Bulkier than most other vacuum cleaner and may not fit into tight spaces
- You may have to bend over while using the BISSELL 1330
2. BISSELL 9595A Vacuum Cleaner with OnePass Technology
- It is an upright vacuum cleaner for laminate floors with a very strong suction
- It can e used to clean carpeted floors as well as bare laminated floors
- This vacuum cleaner for laminate floors uses filters that can effectively trap the fine dust particles
- Uses dust cups for collecting dirt and debris. The dust cups are easy to be removed and emptied
- It uses powerful motors for continuous suction
- Pulls up maximum debris in just a single Passover
- Has very tender brushes that will not affect the laminated floors
- The brushes make the vacuum cleaner equally effective in cleaning the laminated floors and carpeted floors without producing scratches or damaging the fabric
- It has a 25-foot long, non-retractable power cord
- The vacuum cleaner has an easy handle and a lightweight design which makes it possible to smoothly glide around the machine during the cleaning
- It has a stylish design
- It is very affordable
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Very effective in cleaning lint and pet hair
- Very lightweight
- User friendly
- Does not have an adapter to provide supporter to the neck extension, because of which it keeps on falling
- Small nozzle may not fit in large debris
3. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- The vacuum cleaner weighs no more than 17 pounds. It is therefore very easy to be carried upstairs and downstairs. The elderly people too can conveniently use the vacuum cleaner without putting in too much manual effort
- It has a 25-foot long power cord that offers enough reach ability to clean the entire floor area
- The cord is retractable. All you need to do is press the pedal with your foot. This will activate the retraction and you can then neatly keep it aside for storage
- It has an air powered detachable turbo tool that can be used to pull pet hair, lint and dirt off upholsteries, curtains, stairs and other tricky areas
- The vacuum cleaner comes with a brush roll. You can adjust this accordingly depending on the type of floor you are cleaning
- It comes with a 5 position carpet height adjustment. While cleaning over thick carpets, you can set it to a high setting while for laminated and hardwood floors, you can go for a low setting
- There is a system check indicator that lets you know if the filter needs to be checked, replaced or cleaned
- It has a dusting brush for cleaning surfaces that lie above the ground
- The wind tunnel technology effectively lifts and removes dirt particles that are deeply embedded into the carpet
- It has an 8-foot stretch hose for cleaning hard to reach, tricky areas and crevices
- There is a separate crevice tool that can be attached to the hose for cleaning narrow spaces, thus making it one of the best vacuum cleaner for floors
- Picks up a lot of dirt from the carpet
- It does not produce a lot of noise
- Has a retractable power cord
- Has moving brushes that efficiently free up he hardened dirt and grime from carpets
- No need for dust bags
- Long cord
- Trendy design
- Pet hair tends to get stuck inside the canister
- Not very lightweight
4. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum (206900)
- It has a cleaner head that can adjust by itself as you clean
- He seals in suction while cleaning over laminated floors. This is definitely the best vacuum cleaner for floors as it keeps the fine particles from escaping and amplifies suction
- It has a cleaning wand attached to an extendable hose. This makes it possible to use the cleaner for cleaning otherwise hard to reach areas
- This vacuum cleaner for laminate floors uses HEPA filtration for trapping bacteria and allergens
- It uses ball technology which facilitates gliding
- Has a dust cup for dirt collection
- Amazing suction power
- Great for cleaning everything from dust to dirt to pet hair
- Does not damage the laminated floors
- Long extension hose
- Comprises of plastic parts
- Produces a loud noise
5. Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- Weighs less than 19 pounds and therefore very portable
- 8 foot long ready to use hose
- Has a smart tank that is easy to remove, empty and replace
- 360-degree rotating brushes to free maximum dust from the carpet fibers
- Dual nozzle
- Fast dry time with forced heating
- Easy handles with 4 different options
- You can use it for washing, rinsing as well as drying the floors for a deep cleaning
- Has an automatic detergent mixing compartment
- Brushes are removable
- Offers heat cleaning
- Dual tank technology
- Easy setup
- The parts that come in contact with water start rusting too soon and are also not replaceable
- The motors may get clogged with pet hair, fur, and fabric
The Best Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors – BISSELL 1330
Among the five vacuum cleaners reviewed above, the BISSELL 1330 has been regarded as the best vacuum for laminate floors. This is mainly because it has the very powerful suction that can pull in all kinds of dirt and debris. It can provide a complete cleaning in just one Passover Furthermore, the motors do not get clogged and therefore provide a constant suction. It has a turbo brush tool, 25-foot long power cord, easy empty dirt tank and washable foam filters that use multi level filtration to trap in maximum dust and allergens. The machine, tagged as the best vacuum for laminate floors, comes with a 2-year warranty and has great customer support.