Vacuum cleaners are essential equipment in every household. If you have not yet bought one for your house, there is every reason why you should. These cleaning devices not only save time for you, but also provide a more thorough cleaning effect as compared to manual cleaning.
There are different types of vacuum cleaners – those that work through suction wands, those with self-rotating brushes attached to the cleaning wand and those that have a heat cleaning in addition to the earlier two. Many people go the wrong way about buying a vacuum cleaner, though. They instantly go for the more expensive, reputable brands without knowing they could save themselves hundreds of dollars, while attaining the same quality. Therefore, today we find the best vacuum under $100 for cleaning of floors and stairs.
5 Best Vacuum Cleaners under $100
1. BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- It picks up more dirt on the first pass itself, thus decreasing your cleaning time.
The suction also remains steady
- The BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is less likely to get clogged
- Automatic height adjustment
- Has an 11” extension wand for cleaning upholsteries and furniture
- Rotating brushes for deeper cleaning
- The BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner has a flexible hose
- Effective dirt and stain removal
- The cleaner is great for cleaning hard to reach places
- The package includes one pre-motor and one post motor
- Washable foam pre-motor filter and pleated exhaust filter
- Best for people with dust allergy
- Works well on both the bare floors as well as carpeted floors
- The BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner has brilliant suction
- Easy dirtbag removal
- Can be conveniently carried around
- The switch is low down. If you have a back problem, you may not find this very convenient
- The brushes on the BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner cannot be turned off
- Very short hose
- No automatic retractable cord
2. BISSELL 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- This vacuum cleaner is very much affordable. It also has many convenient features for its price
- Effectively removes the dirt that has been embedded into the carpet
- Has a powerful suction at the end of the hose
- The BISSELL 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner comes attached with the dusting and crevice tools
- Lightweight and easy to carry upstairs and downstairs
- Improved brush design for releasing more dirt
- Cleans more on one pass
- Has a turbo brush which can be used for floors, stairs, curtains as well as upholsteries
- Easy empty dirt tank
- Washable foam tank filter
- Multi-filtration level
- Does not produce too much noise
- Dirt cup removal and emptying is a clean process
- The vacuum cleaner is very much affordable
- Effectively removes pet hair from the carpets
- Good suction
- It can also have a scattering effect on the dirt, especially while cleaning bare floors
- The suction reduces with time
3. BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- This is a canister vacuum cleaner. And therefore comes with a central unit with the machine and the cleaning wand attached to it via a cord.
- The cleaning wand is attached via a long cord. This makes it possible to clean the narrow and tricky places such as stairs and corners. It can also be used for cleaning walls, blinds, and upholsteries.
- The vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning car interiors
- The cyclonic technology used in the vacuum cleaner ensures that it can produce enough suction to pull debris of all shapes and sizes
- It does not require a bag for dirt collection. The dirt cups can be regularly emptied and replaced back on. This reduces the need to buy disposable bags, thus making the cleaning process more cost efficient
- It has a three stage filtration so that the fine dust is trapped well into the dirt container
- Can be used for cleaning hard floors as well as carpeted floors
- The extension wand can be attached to a brush for deeper cleaning
- The BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner can be used over all types of floors
- Has a retractable cord, therefore, storage is not a problem
- Compact and lightweight design.
- The canister can be easily carried around while cleaning
- The material used for construction is not very sturdy
- The flexible hoses keep falling off
- The suction is too weak for carpets
4. BLACK DECKER CHV1410L Hand Vacuum Cleaner
- After a full charge, the machine can hold battery for with a zero rate of discharging. It remains intact with 100% battery for as long as 18 months. This feature is especially great for cars as you can just charge it, stuff it in the storage compartment and use it whenever needed
- Uses a lithium ion battery for a longer runtime. It also provides a constant rate of discharging when in use
- Good suction that does not fade away with frequency or duration of use. The suction is also continuous, that is without a break while in use
- The hand vacuum cleaner can pull in debris off all shapes and sizes, from the tiniest dirt mites to the larger cereals
- The vacuum cleaner has a longer lifespan and causes no memory effect
- Runs on cyclonic action that allows keeping the filters clean and efficient
- The filters are removable and washable
- It has a translucent dirt compartment and therefore, you can easily see the amount of dirt that has been collected.
- The BLACK DECKER Handheld vacuum cleaner can pick up dirt from any surface, including car seats, upholsteries, mats, cushions, carpets, and rugs
- It uses a smart card technology which usually comes to help during the charging. It can reduce the charging time almost half, save energy and also protect the batteries from getting overcharged. The charging process automatically stops when the full charge has been reached
- No need of changing the bags. You can just empty the dust cup and replace it back again for collecting more dirt
- Very easy to use and maintain
- It has a powerful suction
- Good battery performance
- Smart card technology for better charging
- Very easy to operate
- Easy cleanup and maintenance
- The batteries are inbuilt and therefore cannot be replaced
- Produces loud noise while cleaning
5. Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- It is a cordless vacuum cleaner
- Uses dirt cups for collecting dirt and debris. They can be emptied and replaced back on
- Excellent lint and pet hair pick
- Works great for the hard floors as well as the carpeted floors without producing scratches or damaging the fabric
- Swivel steering for easier navigation
- Sleek stick design and can, therefore, be used to clean the hard to reach places
- Deep recline angles for cleaning in cracks, crevices and under the furniture
- Powerful suction. Therefore, it catches debris of all sizes
- Reliable for quick clean ups
- The Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is lightweight
- Can reach all the tricky places
- Good suction
- If one part of the device stops working, the entire device is rendered useless
- Since it has a reclining handle, the joints are susceptible to damage, once damaged, it will lose all its flexibility
So as I was saying, budget may be one of the restrictions when you are opting for one of these. It is true that the best devices always carry a higher price tag, but this does not mean that you do not get good products at an affordable price.
In fact, if you are really looking for the best vacuum under $100, there are quite a number of vacuum cleaners available, all of which carry the performance rating of those with a much higher price tag. This article features 5 such products, all of which can be considered to be the best vacuum under $100.
Things to consider while looking for the Best Vacuum under $100
Accessories and attachments
Vacuum cleaners are not always complete with only the central unit. In fact, there a number of accessories that can increase the functionality of the machine. Then are attachments like handheld cleaning wands that can be used to clean areas that lie above the ground level. If all of these accessories are not included with the package, you will have to buy them separately. So at the end of the day, you are going to end up spending more. So while looking for the best vacuum under $100, make sure that you know everything about what is included in the package and what is not.
Sometimes, manufacturers tend to overlook certain features such as effective noise insulation in a bid to lower down the price. Although a certain amount of noise is not going to harm, very noisy vacuum cleaners will only end up being too distracting. Go for a trial session so that you can find out how much noise it produces and whether it is within the safe hearing range. Canister vacuums are less noisy than other types of vacuum cleaners. They also do not cause echo and sound to bounce off of the walls.
Based on dirt collection, there are two types of vacuums – the ones that use dust cup and the ones that use disposable bags. Dust cups are attached to the central cleaning unit and need to be removed for emptying and replaced back on. They can be removed easily by pressing a button and also do not create and mess in the process. The thing that needs to be looked into is the size of the dirt container. Makes sure that they are big enough to last one sitting of the cleaning process, it would not be very convenient if you had to stop and empty the dust cup every now and then during the cleaning.
If you are going to be cleaning spills that would be too messy and inconvenient to be disposed of through dirt cups, go for the ones that use disposable bags instead. This will ensure a safe disposal without having to handle the dirt with hands. Although dirt cups would reduce the running costs by doing away with the need to buy disposable bags every now and then, it should not hamper the convenience of use while the cleaning is carried out.
Shape and size
One of the disadvantages with buying cheap vacuum cleaners is that the manufacturers do not seem to be paying much attention to details while creating them. The result is that they end up being up being too bulky or too heavy. Most of the times, there is always a downside. So keep an eye out for things like weight and shape. It should not be so bulky so as to pose a restriction while cleaning certain sections of the room. The best vacuum under $100 should be slim and trim so that they are effortless to be moved around and cover their main purpose, which increases the ease of cleaning.
To make sure that you are not compromising quality over cost, make sure that the vacuum cleaner has all the features as expected – the suction should be powerful enough, the brushes should be tender, so as not to damage the fabric, the nozzle should be big enough to fit in debris of all sizes and the controls should be easily adjustable. In my opinion, features are crucial when picking the best vacuum for $100.
Ease of movement
Some vacuum cleaners come with wheels attached to the bottom so that they can be easily pulled around. This increases the navigation of the machine so that you can cover every inch of the floor area while cleaning with ease. However, it should not be difficult to push and pull the vacuum cleaner even if they have no wheels. They should be able to smoothly glide around the floor.
No. of Passovers required
The no. of passovers refers to the number of times that you have to pass the vacuum cleaner over a surface to make sure that all the debris is picked up. The lesser the number of passovers, the more efficient the vacuum.
The Best Vacuum under $100 – BISSELL 1330 Vacuum Cleaner
So if you are looking for the best vacuum under $100, you may want to consider the BISSELL 1330 vacuum cleaner. It is so far the best one based on the price and features as well customer feedback. It offers excellent features and benefits at a very affordable price making it a prized possession of every household. You will surely thank yourself for your decision if you plan on buying the BISSELL 1330 Vacuum cleaner for your home.
Not only is it the best vacuum under $100, it actually outbeats many more expensive vacuum cleaners. One of the very attractive things about the BISSELL 1330 is the OnePass Technology. The strong suction on top of the unique brush design ensures that you won’t have to pass the same place twice. BISSELL is one of the leading brands when it comes to affordable vacuums and they have really outdone themselves this time. The vacuum cleaner is purchasable worldwide from the Amazon store.